Going Up
Sometimes when the road has an upward incline,
all you want to do is recline.
But you must keep pedaling, you cant stop,
'cause otherwise you'll never get to the top.
In these situations what you should never do,
is only look at the person in front of you.
'cause to the side is often a scenic view,
usually cows that like to moo.
But today I saw a rocky waterfall,
very beautiful, even though it was small.
So here's the message from me to you,
Don't forget to enjoy the view.
The Sign
The sign says watch for stock,
but really I'm watching the clock.
I think it's almost time for lunch;
the more we bike, the more we munch.
I love to enjoy the scenery,
But even better is food inside of me.
Morning Ride
This morning we're riding on highway 95;
the sun is rising behind the hills, and I feel so alive.
This morning I had oatmeal for breakfast, cinnamon and spice;
now the day is cool, and the breeze feels really nice.
The river flows beside us, wild, wavy, and wet;
fishermen line its sides catching salmon in their nets.
It would be better if the speeding cars didn't pass so close
and the port-a-pot we stopped at hadn't been so gross.
But that's it, all my complaints are done,
'cause when you're riding with seven friends, things are always fun.
White Bird Hill Story
We made it to White Bird and now we're going up the huge hill;
to me, it's more like a mountain, but call it what you will.
The sun beats down, the road switchbacks up almost 3,000 feet,
but Chaz turns on some music and we jam to the beat.
It's 12 o' clock noon, the tar starts to melt;
I think this is the hottest I've ever felt.
The rocks and tar stick to our tires, and we go at a slow pace,
but all is well 'cause we have the bear mace.
Suddenly something catches and Chaz's rear derailleur breaks;
what should we do? I wish we could go jump in a lake.
Just a bit up the road Jared's spoke snaps,
and as we continue Amie's derailleur also cracks.
Now two people can't ride, parts on their bike dangling and loose;
As they walk up the hill, Chaz sees a moose.
Four of us ride into Grangeville to find water and a place to stay;
I just hope that everyone will be ok.
Jared fixes the bikes enough for everyone to ride into town;
luckily they can coast almost all the way down.
Finally we're all together, and no one is hurt,
but we are all completely covered in dirt.
We're hungry; it's time for Mexican food;
It's been quite the day, but after dinner everyone's in a better mood.
-Tamara :-)
fantastic poems :-)
ReplyDeleteps. can you all put your names at the end of your posts? it would be nice to know who is writing each day!